2013 Wisconsin State Fair
Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation Scholarship
The Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation is sponsoring four $1000 scholarships, four $750 scholarships and six $500 scholarships. These scholarships recognize the achievements of Wisconsin State Fair Junior Livestock exhibitors and assist them with their educational expenses.
1. Individuals must be between the ages of 17-19 as of January 1st of the current year.
2. Individuals must be a current or past junior livestock exhibitor who has exhibited beef, sheep, and/or swine at the Wisconsin State Fair.
3. Individuals must pursue a post high school education, and be enrolled or planning to enroll in a University, Vocational/Technical School or University short course.
4. Only one scholarship will be awarded per individual.
1. All applicants are required to fill out and return a Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation Scholarship Application, postmarked no later than June 15, 2013 to: Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation Scholarship, WI State Fair Park Foundation, 640 South 84th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53214-0990.
2. Fourteen recipients will be chosen from the applications received by the scholarship committee. The top eight finalists will interview for the top awards. These are one-time scholarships.
3. Applications will be judged on the following basis: State Fair participation, 35%; Leadership activities, 30%; Interview, 20%; Scholastic Achievement, 10%; Career plans, 5%.
4. Each of the eight finalists will be interviewed on Tuesday, August 6, 2013 to determine the top scholarship winners. Each finalist will be contacted in advance for scheduling.
5. The top candidates will receive the scholarships regardless of species exhibited.
6. Winners will be recognized at the Governor’s Blue Ribbon Livestock Auction on Wednesday, August 7, 2013.
7. For scholarship recipients entering their first year of college, the scholarship will be awarded after completion of the first semester and Wisconsin State Fair has received a copy of transcripts from the 1st semester and schedule for 2nd semester. For scholarship recipients entering their 2nd year of school, the scholarship will be awarded after receiving a copy of current transcripts.
For more information contact: Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation, Scholarship Committee, 640 South 84th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53214
Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation
Wisconsin State Fair/ Governor's Blue Ribbon Livestock Auction
A. Personal Information:
Name______________________________________ Birth Date_________________________________
Email (required – this will serve as the main means of communication so please enter an address that will be checked in during the summer months)
Phone number _____-_____-___________
B. College Intentions:
Name of University, Vocational/Technical School, or University short course in which you have been accepted
List your intended Major to be studied_______________________________________________________
C. Educational Background & Scholastic Achievement - Attach transcripts of your grades. (10%):
High School attended_____________________________________________________________
Expected date of graduation________________________________________________________
Rank in class________ Size of Class_________
**Rank in class verified by signature of School Official
D. State Fair Participation (35%). LIST the years and projects you’ve exhibited at the WSF. (Awards received are not necessary as they have no bearing you the scholarships.)
Then DESCRIBE your experiences at the Fair and how they have affected you, not to exceed one page.
E. Leadership Activities (30%)
4-H Club Member years ____________
4-H Offices held__________________________________________________________________
FFA Member years ________________
FFA Offices held_________________________________________________________________
Other Youth Group Member (name)- ____________________________ years _______
Other Youth Group Offices held______________________________________________________
Honors and awards received in 4-H/FFA/Other Youth Groups.
Involvement outside of 4-H/FFA/Other Youth Groups: (This may be an attached sheet.)
Other honors received: This may be an attached sheet.
Recommendations: Letters of recommendation from three(3) persons, arranged for by the applicant, should be attached. Letters must not be from immediate family members.
G. Please write or type a summary of your career plans (5%). This written narrative may be an attached sheet.-0990
Send application, postmarked no later than June 15, 2013 to: Blue Ribbon Sale of Champions Foundation
640 S. 84th Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53214
For additional information and questions, please email Leah Mindemann,